1 – 11 February 2022 | Virtual
IAS in partnership with the South Africa Department of Science and Innovation, and the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, will organize the Research-for-Cure Academy virtually on 1-11 February 2022. The programme will reflect priority areas outlined in the IAS Global Scientific Strategy: Research priorities for an HIV cure, which will be released on World AIDS Day 2021.
The Academy will award fellowships to 30 early to mid-career investigators and clinical scientists who are conducting HIV research in countries with limited resources for HIV cure research to participate in a series of interactive workshops. The workshop faculty is comprised of world-renowned scientists.
Applications are now open: Deadline Monday 13 December 2021, 23:59 CET
- Provide training and resources on the latest HIV cure research in line with the recommendations of the Global Scientific Strategy. It will also explore advances presented at IAS 2021.
- Improve and reinforce practical tools and methodology to pursue or engage in HIV remission research.
- Provide a unique opportunity for the selected fellows to engage and discuss with leaders in the field of HIV cure research with a view to facilitating research collaborations in the search for an HIV cure or remission.
To be eligible to participate, applicants should:
- Have sufficient proficiency in English
- Be an early- to mid-career investigator or a clinical scientist
- Be affiliated to or working in collaboration with an institution/university in a resource-constrained country
- Already be working in the HIV field (preferred)