Last updated on 28 January 2022
Agreement to terms
The information provided on the site is not intended for distribution to our use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Intellectual property rights
Provided that you are eligible to use the site, you are granted a limited licence to access and use the site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the site, the content and the marks.
By using the site, you represent and warrant that:
- All registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current and complete.
- You will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary.
- You are at least 13 years old.
- You are not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or if you are a minor, you have received parental permission to use the site.
- You will not access the site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or otherwise.
- You will not use the site for any illegal or prohibited purpose/activity.
- Your use of the site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you do not comply with the above conditions, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the site (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register with the site. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
You may not access or use the site for any purpose other than that for which we make the site available. The site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours, except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from us.
- Trick, defraud or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information, such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the site and/or the content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the site.
- Use any information obtained from the site in order to harass, abuse or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of the site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) viruses, Trojan horses or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the site.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt or create an undue burden on the site or the networks or services connected to the site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the site to you.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the site designed to prevent or restrict access to the site or any portion of the site.
- Except as permitted by applicable law, decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the site.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop or distribute any automated system, including any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper or offline reader that accesses the site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the site.
- Make any unauthorized use of the site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
- Use the site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the site and/or content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
- Use the site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display or performance, and the accessing, downloading or copying of, your contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or moral rights of any third party.
- Your contributions are not false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Your contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings or other forms of solicitation.
- Your contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libellous, slanderous or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate or abuse anyone.
- Your contributions are not used to harass or threaten any other person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Your contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation or rule.
- Your contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference or living with physical disabilities.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding the site, you agree that we can use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
We do not assert any ownership over your contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your contributions provided by you in any area on the site. You are solely responsible for your contributions to the site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your contributions.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information regarding the site (“submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgement or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your submissions.
Third-party website and content
The site may contain (or you may be sent via the site) links to other websites (“third-party websites”), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“third-party content”). Such third-party websites and third-party content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any third-party websites accessed through the site or any third-party content posted on, available through or installed from the site, including content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of, or contained in, the third-party websites or third-party content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any third-party websites or any third-party content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your contributions or any portion thereof.
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, notice or liability, to remove from the site, or otherwise disable, all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems.
- Otherwise manage the site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the site.
We respect intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided below (a “notification”). A copy of your notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the notification. Please be advised that pursuant to applicable law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the site infringes your copyright, you should consider first seeking appropriate advice.
Term and termination
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including pursuing civil, criminal and injunctive redress.
Modifications and interruptions
We reserve the right to change, modify or remove the contents of the site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the site without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the site.
These conditions are governed by and interpreted following the laws of Switzerland, without regard to its conflict of rules principles. The United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Good is expressly excluded. If your habitual residence is in the EU and you are a consumer, you may additionally possess the protection provided to you by obligatory provisions of the law of your country of residence.
Any dispute shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Swiss Rules of International Arbitration of the Swiss Arbitration Centre in force on the date on which the notice of arbitration is submitted in accordance with those rules.
The number of arbitrators shall be one. The seat of the arbitration shall be Geneva, Switzerland. The arbitral proceedings shall be conducted in English.
There may be information on the site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including descriptions, pricing, availability and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the information on the site at any time.
The site is provided on an as-is and as-available basis, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of the site and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. You agree that your use of the site and our services will be at your sole risk.
The information on the site is provided with the understanding that we are not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, medical or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional legal, accounting, tax, medical or other competent advisers.
The site may contain views, comments and opinions, which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other author, agency, organization, employer or company, including us. Views, comments and opinions published by users are their sole responsibility and the users will take full responsibility, liability and blame for any libel or litigation that may result from something written in or as a direct result of something written in a comment. We are not liable for any comment published by users and reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the site and your use thereof, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the site’s content or the content of any websites linked to the site and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any:
- Errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of content and materials
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the site
- Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site
- Any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or the like which may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party
- Any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the site
We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the site, any hyperlinked website or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers or products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgement and exercise caution where appropriate.
Limitations of liability
In no event will we or our directors, employees or agents be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data or other damages arising from your use of the site, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates and all of our respective officers, agents, partners and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- Your use of the site
- Your violation of the rights of a third party, including intellectual property rights
- Any overt harmful act toward any other user of the site with whom you connected via the site
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, without defence of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding, which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the site for the purpose of managing the performance of the site, as well as data relating to your use of the site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the site. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
Electronic communications, transactions, and signatures
Visiting the site, sending us emails and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication is in writing. You hereby agree to the use of electronic signatures, contracts, orders and other records, and to electronic delivery of notices, policies and records of transactions initiated or completed by us or via the site. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the site or to receive further information regarding use of the site, please contact us at:
International AIDS Society
Avenue de France 23